Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Family Shower ~ April 10

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures at the actual shower. I had been up since 4:00am and I hadn't been able to take a nap and it was a warm day so I was exhausted and really swollen by the time I got to the shower. I still had a GREAT time though! I have LOVED being close to my family during this time. Most of my aunts, uncles, cousins, great-aunts, great-uncles, on both my mom's and dad's side live within a 5 mile radius of where I grew up so family had always been an important part of my life. I have LOTS of fond memories with not only my 1st cousins but also my 2nd and 3rd cousins. It was really awesome to see how God provided almost everything else I needed by leading my family to get just the right gifts. Today I am going to have fun washing all of the clothes and then making my list to purchase the things I need to have on hand before JB arrives.
My Grandma C. is THEE expert when it comes to sewing. She has made all of her grandchildren heirloom quilts and she has made every great-grandchild a quilt following this pattern "The Log Cabin."
The back is John Deer flannel. JB will love it! She also made a matching burp cloth, bibs, and a stuffed frog. Yes she is one dear and talented Grandma!

No comments: